IDEA Specialist Services is now delivering the ASD Communication and Behaviour Service across New Zealand. This service has been operating in Auckland since 2009 and Northland since 2012 and has supported over 200 families in those regions.
The ASD Communication and Behaviour Service is for families of children and young person’s with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) who are under the age of 19.
The service provides support to parents and families that include behaviour and skill teaching workshops, and individual work with children with a focus on communication, social skills and behaviour.
Learn more about the ASD Communication and Behaviour Service
Referrals to ASD Communication and Behaviour service can be made by:
- A paediatrician, psychiatrist, or a clinical psychologist or with appropriate ASD experience and expertise
- ASD Developmental Coordinators from DHB’s
- Local Ministry of Health Needs Assessment and Service Coordination agencies (NASC). Contact details can be found online at www.moh.govt.nz/disability under “contact details”.
For General Enquiries:
Contact the IDEA Specialist Services ASD referral coordinator:
- Phone: 0800 273 7587
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional ASD specific information go to Altogether Autism for local events.
ASD Plus – Education for Families
ASD Plus is a programme for the parents and family/whanau of pre-school children under the age of six with Autism Spectrum Disorder. This programme is funded by the Ministries of Health and Education.
ASD Plus supports families to learn about ASD, to help them understand how ASD influences their child, and learn and practice strategies to help their child’s development.
ASD Plus is about strengthening families. The programme is practical, evidence-based, supportive, and individualised. Each family gets individual attention and support.
It is delivered by IDEA Specialist Services for families in all regions of New Zealand.
Learn more about ASD Plus: The programme
Families may register their interest in participating by:
Completing the online Expression of Interest form:
- Click here: ASD Plus – Expression of Interest form
Downloading the Expression of Interest form:
- Click here: ASD Plus – Expression of interest form
(Complete and E-mail or post back to: ASD referral coordinator, PO BOX 4155, Wellington 6140)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 0800 273 7587
For general enquiries contact the IDEA Specialist Services ASD referral coordinator:
- Phone: 0800 ASD PLUS (0800 273 7587)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org