If you have any concerns about the services we provide, please tell us so we can act and fix it for you.
If you are worried about something, talk it over with a staff person. The person you talk to will take responsibility for handling the problem, or will make sure it is handled by someone who can deal with it.
- Treat your concern seriously
- Do our best to resolve it quickly and fairly
- Keep you informed about what we intend to do and how long it will take, if not resolved within five working days
- Discuss the outcome with you
- Accept complaints in any form
- Welcome any support people you may wish to bring to meetings
Taking things further
If things are not getting dealt with, you should take your concerns to the Area or Regional Service Manager.
If you are still not happy, take your concerns to the General or National Manager. Go to the Contacts section of this website for specific information.
Going to someone outside IDEA Services, Timata Hou or IHC
You can take your concerns to the Health and Disability Commission. It has advocates who can help you. These people are independent and provide a free service to people using health or disability support services. They help to resolve specific complaints.