We support adults of all ages with intellectual disabilities to live in their own homes and be part of their local communities. This includes supporting people to flat with others or independently, take part in fun and meaningful activities during the day and provide specialist support based on people’s needs.
We also provide good quality, affordable homes and property management services to people with disabilities, older people, those on low incomes and the organisations that support them.
Through IDEA Services
- Supported Living – For adults with intellectual disabilities who want to live in their own home and have some support.
- Living with support – residential – For adults with intellectual disabilities who require a level of care and want to live in a supportive community. This includes support you need as you get older.
- Community activities – We work in partnership with you, your family and your community to support your choice about the things you like to do and people you like to spend time with. For some people it’s about employment and working towards employment, while others may choose other opportunities and experiences.
- Specialist services – Supported accommodation for individuals who endure mental health issues alongside their disability. These needs include mental health challenges, intellectual disabilities or a dual diagnosis.
Go to IDEA Services website
Through Choices NZ
- Learn new skills – We provide 1:1 and small group mentoring to assist and encourage you to manage your own learning, develop your skills and maximise your independence (Manawatu region only).
- Support for job seekers – We provide employment-related case management, including any required and agreed coaching assistance, while working with you to identify open and inclusive employment opportunities. We work alongside local businesses and employers to make this happen.
- Transition from school – We work alongside soon-to-be school leavers to look at their options, including employment, living arrangements, further education and recreation.
Go to Choices NZ website
Through Accessible Properties
- Public housing – We have public housing available in Christchurch, Wellington, Hamilton, Tauranga and Auckland. Some of these properties are modified for accessibility.
- Affordable rentals – We have a small number of affordable rentals available. Many of these homes are modified for accessibility.
Go to Accessible Properties website